The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), the apex advertising self-regulatory body, is rolling out guidelines to ensure influencers do not hide the fact that they are being “paid” for promoting a brand. The guidelines will ensure that they add #ad, #collab, #promo, #sponsored, and/or #partnership to their posts. The rules drafted after much consultation with agencies, marketers and social media influencers are very comprehensive in their scope. A little too broad, if I may add (https://asci.social/guidelines).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, June 08 2021. 21:44 IST