The Madhya Pradesh unit of the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) has run out of luck, especially after losing the Assembly elections last year. Sources say the unit is facing a severe shortage of funds and hence has been forced to stop the publication of its mouthpiece Charaiveti since January. To arrange for some funds, the party has decided to issue coupons of Rs 1,000, 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000. This fund will be called Aajivan Sahyog Nidhi (lifetime contribution fund). The campaign to arrange for this fund will run from February 11 to 28 and is expected to generate approximately Rs 14 crore.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, February 07 2019. 22:09 IST