Brand creation is one thing. Commodification is another. The digital media is full of stories about a new smartphone that is going to be launched, named after Narendra Modi. The website, smartnamo.com says a mobile phone will be launched in India ranging between Rs 1,000 and Rs 16,000. It will come in a variety of 1GB to 2GB memory coupled with 16-64 GB storage capacities. Each of these models will be powered by a 1.5 GHz MT6589 Turbo Chipset. The phone will have a rear 13MP camera. A picture is available for those who want to see it. The phone is dedicated to Narendra Modi and Next Generation Android Mobile Odyssey. It has been launched by people who say: "We are from land of Gujarat & in electronic smartphone business in China". The phone will obviously be made from Chinese components. The product is Modi fans' testament to their "dedication and respect for Mr Modi". The website also claims that they aren't "linked to Mr Modi in any other way". The spokesman of the company says they got the idea from China, where phones are dedicated to prominent personalities.
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2021 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard