Normalisation of the economy requires consumers returning to traditional behaviour on discretionary expenditures. While we are all excited about vaccines, a strong impact of vaccines is some distance away. The more proximate source of normalisation in the coming six months is herd immunity. Better data holds the key to modified behaviour by individuals. Alongside this, greater wisdom in public health measures will help.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, December 14 2020. 00:13 IST