Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s March 24 announcement of a nationwide three-week complete lockdown to keep coronavirus at bay met with much enthusiasm and near-total compliance. Seven weeks on, India’s mood about its consequences is far more sombre. The desperation of the walking migrants may not be shared by all, but a sense of foreboding about all our prospects prevails at large.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.