- Lok Sabha Elections LIVE: PM Modi to hold roadshow in Varanasi today
- Services become costlier, goods cheaper in five years of NDA government
- Have friends in Opposition, Mamata sends me kurtas every year: PM Modi
- 'Tum se na ho payega': Congress after BJP denies PM Modi presser reports
- Of Prime Ministerial hopefuls, their personalities and leadership styles
- How a little crowdfunding for election campaigns can create a huge impact
- 15th Finance Commission likely to pitch for more powers to local bodies
- Wave in favour of BJP giving sleepless nights to Oppn: PM Modi in Odisha
- Nationalism or development? The top agenda for Munger voters this election
- Inhuman treatment given to Pragya Thakur over suspicion not fair: Ramdev
Live updates: BJP's Pramod Sawant likely to be Goa's new CM, says PTI
A consensus eluded the BJP and its allies on the next Goa chief minister following the death of Manohar Parrikar, says Gadkari. Catch LIVE updates on Goa govt formation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays homage to Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar. Photo: PTI
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's death has plunged Goa into uncertainty, with both the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rushing to claim power in the state. Manohar Parrikar died at his private residence at Dona Paula near the state capital on Sunday evening after long illness. Tendulkar met Gadkari along with Assembly Speaker Pramod Sawant, who is a contender for the top post. Earlier in the day, Gadkari met ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) MLAs led by Sudin Dhavalikar and BJP legislator Vishwajit Rane.
Meanwhile, all 14 Congress MLAs in Goa were on the way to Raj Bhawan on Monday to meet Governor Mridula Sinha to stake claim to form the government in the state. The Congress is currently the single largest party in the state with 14 MLAs while the BJP has 12 in the 40-member Assembly.
Catch LIVE updates on Goa government formation