- Indian democracy passing through most difficult phase: Sonia Gandhi
- Sonia asks Congress leaders to wage struggle for people's issues
- Bihar elections: Why Chirag's ploy on JD(U) boss Nitish has BJP worried
- Gujjar leader Bainsla issues ultimatum to Rajasthan govt on reservation
- BJP files complaint against Digvijaya Singh for posting 'Traitor rate card' on social media
- Secularism can't be protected without separating religion and politics: Yechury
- 'Look at UP before commenting on law and order in Bengal': TMC tells Shah
- Rotor blade of chopper flying R S Prasad to poll rally damaged; no casualty
- Respecting women as important as revering a goddess: Rahul
- J&K BJP chief slams Chidambaram, says he may have links with ISI, Naxalites
Live updates: BJP's Pramod Sawant likely to be Goa's new CM, says PTI
A consensus eluded the BJP and its allies on the next Goa chief minister following the death of Manohar Parrikar, says Gadkari. Catch LIVE updates on Goa govt formation
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's death has plunged Goa into uncertainty, with both the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rushing to claim power in the state. Manohar Parrikar died at his private residence at Dona Paula near the state capital on Sunday evening after long illness. Tendulkar met Gadkari along with Assembly Speaker Pramod Sawant, who is a contender for the top post. Earlier in the day, Gadkari met ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) MLAs led by Sudin Dhavalikar and BJP legislator Vishwajit Rane.
Meanwhile, all 14 Congress MLAs in Goa were on the way to Raj Bhawan on Monday to meet Governor Mridula Sinha to stake claim to form the government in the state. The Congress is currently the single largest party in the state with 14 MLAs while the BJP has 12 in the 40-member Assembly.
Catch LIVE updates on Goa government formation