- Lok Sabha elections: BJP won't get more than 100 seats, says Mamata
- After Modi's lookalike, Yogi's doppelganger to contest from Lucknow seat
- Ready to face assembly polls in TN, whenever they are held: Rajinikanth
- LS polls: BJP pins hopes on techies, maverick candidates in Karnataka
- Lok Sabha elections 2019: 66% voter turnout recorded in phase 2, says EC
- A nephew rises in BSP: Mayawati campaigns for Akash Anand as successor
- Ratan Tata meets Mohan Bhagwat at RSS headquarters in Nagpur
- Won't let BJP play Hindu-Muslim game in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- EC ban: Yogi goes temple hopping, Akhilesh, Mayawati fume at poll panel
- Bihar deputy CM files defamation suit against Rahul over Modi surname jibe
Live updates: BJP's Pramod Sawant likely to be Goa's new CM, says PTI
A consensus eluded the BJP and its allies on the next Goa chief minister following the death of Manohar Parrikar, says Gadkari. Catch LIVE updates on Goa govt formation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi pays homage to Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar. Photo: PTI
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's death has plunged Goa into uncertainty, with both the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rushing to claim power in the state. Manohar Parrikar died at his private residence at Dona Paula near the state capital on Sunday evening after long illness. Tendulkar met Gadkari along with Assembly Speaker Pramod Sawant, who is a contender for the top post. Earlier in the day, Gadkari met ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) MLAs led by Sudin Dhavalikar and BJP legislator Vishwajit Rane.
Meanwhile, all 14 Congress MLAs in Goa were on the way to Raj Bhawan on Monday to meet Governor Mridula Sinha to stake claim to form the government in the state. The Congress is currently the single largest party in the state with 14 MLAs while the BJP has 12 in the 40-member Assembly.
Catch LIVE updates on Goa government formation