- Delhi's power corridor abuzz with talks of Union Cabinet reshuffle
- Sisodia alleges 'secret' friendship between Modi and Amarinder Singh
- Shiromani Akali Dal, BSP form alliance for 2022 Punjab Assembly elections
- Amid Cabinet reshuffle buzz, PM Modi holds meeting with Amit Shah, Nadda
- 'No one will remain in BJP,' says Mukul Roy after returning to TMC fold
- Yogi Adityanath meets PM Modi amid talk of friction and UP changes
- Congress leaders hold symbolic protests against fuel price hike
- Rahul Gandhi bats for walk-in vaccination, Irani says already done
- Sibal slams Jitin for switching to BJP, says it's 'politics of prasada'
- Congress needs to undergo 'major surgery': Moily on Jitin Prasada's exit
Live updates: BJP's Pramod Sawant likely to be Goa's new CM, says PTI
A consensus eluded the BJP and its allies on the next Goa chief minister following the death of Manohar Parrikar, says Gadkari. Catch LIVE updates on Goa govt formation
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar's death has plunged Goa into uncertainty, with both the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rushing to claim power in the state. Manohar Parrikar died at his private residence at Dona Paula near the state capital on Sunday evening after long illness. Tendulkar met Gadkari along with Assembly Speaker Pramod Sawant, who is a contender for the top post. Earlier in the day, Gadkari met ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) MLAs led by Sudin Dhavalikar and BJP legislator Vishwajit Rane.
Meanwhile, all 14 Congress MLAs in Goa were on the way to Raj Bhawan on Monday to meet Governor Mridula Sinha to stake claim to form the government in the state. The Congress is currently the single largest party in the state with 14 MLAs while the BJP has 12 in the 40-member Assembly.
Catch LIVE updates on Goa government formation