You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Actor Sylvester Stallone under probe for sexual assault

AFP  |  Los Angeles 

US prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether star should be charged in connection with a sexual assault reported last year, a said.

"A case was presented today by the regarding Stallone," Greg Risling, a at the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, told AFP yesterday.

"It is under review by our sex crime task force." The case involves a woman who reported last November that the 71-year-old actor, best known for his roles in the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies, had assaulted her in 1990.

Risling declined to provide more details about the alleged assault or to clarify whether California's 10-year statute of limitations applies in the case.

Police in Santa Monica and Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, could also not be reached for comment.

The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond.

in December told when the allegation first surfaced that his client "categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a to publish the story." He acknowledged that had a relationship with the alleged victim while shooting a movie in in 1987 while he was single.

The said at the time that he planned to submit a claim against the woman for filing a false police report.

The #MeToo campaign took off last year following sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul It has since become a worldwide phenomenon.

Hundreds of celebrities and powerful people, including and longtime Charlie Rose, have been accused of sexual arrestment in the wake of the Weinstein scandal.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, June 14 2018. 07:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU