You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Govt spending on infra projects to propel demand for commercial cooling products: Toshiba Carrier

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

The government's spending on infrastructure coupled with a revival in the sector will spur demand for commercial cooling products, Corporation (TCC) said today.

TCC, which provides for the commercial sector, is a JV between Japan's and US-based United Technologies, which owns Air

The company today unveiled new products to expand its offerings here.

"Our overall in is growing in double digits from last 3-4 years," -Climate, Controls & Security, Region said.

"The government is spending on infrastructure and we are definitely seeing our pipeline on that side going up as new metro, hospitals, airports are coming up, while on the private side, commercial is coming back," he added.

Bhatia also expects high-end residential projects as well as the Smart City scheme to give a further fillip to demand.

The company is working with leading players like Tata Housing, Rahejas, and Godrej.

Presently, around 40 per cent of JV's revenue comes from while the rest 60 per cent is contributed by the brand.

"In the large chillers category, which is used in big buildings and airports, there we are investing more in our factory in and localising more and more. We are investing here ahead of the curve," Bhatia said.

For the room air-segment, Carrier has a joint venture with here.

According to Bhatia, the overall Indian air-market is estimated to be around Rs 20,000 crore, of which the residential segment accounts for 80 per cent share.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, July 12 2018. 20:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU