Superintendent of Police, Vishal Sharma said the three labourers went inside the septic tank of an under construction mall located at Rambagh chowk to open the centering of the tank and died probably of asphyxiation.
It seems, prima facie, that the labourers died due to asphyxiation, the SP said adding that the post-mortem report would reveal the exact reason of their death.
The bodies have been sent to sadar hospital for post mortem, he said.
However, the local people alleged that the three labourers died due to electrocution.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)