Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was elected the 46th president of the United States on Saturday, promising to restore political normalcy and a spirit of national unity to confront raging health and economic crises, and making Donald J. Trump a one-term president after four years of tumult in the White House. Mr. Biden’s victory amounted to a repudiation of Mr. Trump by millions of voters exhausted with his divisive conduct and chaotic administration, and was delivered by an unlikely alliance of women, people of color, old and young voters and a sliver of disaffected Republicans. Mr. ...
- ICSE class 10 exams from May 5, class 12 papers from April 8
- Govt considering reduction in excise duties on petrol, diesel: Report
- Delhi govt suspends subsidy on Tata Nexon EV over poor range performance
- Dow jumps 600 pts on vaccine cheer, stimulus optimism; cyclical stocks rise
- Covid-19: EU to propose vaccine passports in March in time for summer
First Published: Sat, November 07 2020. 23:02 IST