- IIT Madras develops light-weight alloy to replace steel, aluminium in cars
- Brent surges 9.6% in a week on demand recovery hopes, base metals shine
- As bauxite loses traction, Fimi seeks waiver of 15% duty on exports
- Crude oil and metals slide on global cues; cryptocurrencies crash
- India's crude steel production drops 3.2% to 9.28 MT in Jan: Report
- Zinc, aluminium at multi-year lows as coronavirus devastates commodities
- Copper, paperboard, RBD imports to decline on stringent 'rules of origin'
- Coronavirus spreads to industrial commodities, prices decline by up to 9%
- Secondary metal producers seek duty cut on imported scrap in Budget
- Budget 2020 wishlist: Steel firms want zero duty on pet coke, coking coal
Commodity - Industrial Metals
May 26, 2020, Tuesday
There has been a lot of focus on lowering carbon footprint of vehicles by using light-weight material in their bodies, as lighter ...
May 23, 2020, Saturday
Huge stimulus provided by economies across the globe is likely to put more money in consumer's hands, due to which gold and ...
April 23, 2020, Thursday
The mineral lobby body has appealed to the Union finance ministry to exempt bauxite exports from duties
March 13, 2020, Friday
Doom sentiment in financial markets has hit crypto currencies. Bitcoin fell $1,000 in 15 minutes to trade at $6,000 level
March 01, 2020, Sunday
The country had produced 9.591 MT of crude steel during the corresponding month last year
February 28, 2020, Friday
Decline in silver over 3%, gold holds fort with a marginal loss
February 04, 2020, Tuesday
In Budget 2020, FM emphasised the need to strengthen 'rules of origin' under the FTA to curb import from non-producing (trading) ...
January 29, 2020, Wednesday
Base metals, energy, rubber and silver decline on weak demand following extended Chinese new year holiday
January 17, 2020, Friday
Secondary metal industry says metal recycling should be treated as a priority sector.
January 13, 2020, Monday
As per the existing duty structure, both coking coal and anthracite coal attract 2.5% import duty
January 03, 2020, Friday
India's iron ore imports tumbled 90 per cent year-on-year during April-October, after a sharp escalation of 172 per cent in the ...
December 13, 2019, Friday
China, Japan, Korea, European Union (EU) are already importing copper concentrate at zero duty
November 26, 2019, Tuesday
With the leases of 232 merchant iron ore mines expiring in March next year, the country may face a short-term disruption in ...
November 25, 2019, Monday
Among the non-ferrous metal companies, aluminium firms witnessed 21 per cent contraction in sales
November 20, 2019, Wednesday
Steel companies witnessed a contraction in margins, dragged down by lacklustre demand and lower global commodity prices
November 14, 2019, Thursday
High grade and value-added steel are used in power, defence and automobile which is currently imported
November 13, 2019, Wednesday
While Trump said in a speech that a phase-one trade deal was close, the market focused on his comments about raising tariffs on ...
November 12, 2019, Tuesday
In Q1 of FY20, the country's GDP growth touched a six-year low of 5%
November 11, 2019, Monday
Iron ore supply growth woul be primarily driven by India, Brazil where major miner Vale is set to expand output with its new mine
October 26, 2019, Saturday
A report from Edelweiss Research suggests 20-25% decline in the prices of hot rolled coil (HRC) and steel raw materials