Bharat Wire Ropes Ltd was incorporated as Bharat Ropes Private Limited on July 24 1986. Subsequently the company became a public limited company on June 10 1992. The name of the company was changed to Bharat Wire Ropes Ltd on July 5 1996. Until the year 2010 the company was owned managed and controlled by the Shah Group. Subsequently in the year 2010 one of the corporate Promoter - Gaji Mercantile Private Limited purchased 10675490 equity shares of the company and accordingly the management of the company changed. The company is engaged in manufacturing and sales of wire ropes structural strands slings and wires which find its application in general engineering fishing elevators cranes material handling power transmission suspension bridges onshore / offshore oil exploration ports and shipping mining defence railways etc. It is also engaged in the business of trading of the steel related products.The company has a steel wire ropes manufacturing facility with an installed capacity of 12000 MTPA is located at Atgaon it also has a Pyrolysis plant with an installed capacity of 1260 MTPA at Chalisgaon Maharashtra for production of oil which is used as fuel in is current manufacturing process.Bharat wire is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company by the British Standards Institution ('BSI') for the manufacture and supply of steel wire ropes stainless steel wire ropes non-ferrous wire ropes slings relevant conductors wire for specialised applications and rope fittings in domestic and international market. It also hold product approvals from RDSO CORE DGMS PGCIL IRS etc. for various ropes and wire products.