Musk said in a court filing that the goal of his lawsuit is to 'unwind OpenAI's for-profit conversation and restructuring' which he said would involve removing Altman and Prez Greg Brockman
The company also posted a photo of CEO Lip-Bu Tan and Musk shaking hands, saying it hosted the world's richest man at its campus the past weekend.
SpaceX plans $75 billion raise at up to $1.75 trillion valuation, with retail investors set to take an unprecedented share
Some of the banks have agreed to spend tens of millions on the chatbot, and they have already started integrating Grok into their IT systems
At more than $2 trillion, SpaceX's valuation would increase by nearly two thirds in a matter of months
Sales of Tesla vehicles rose in the past three months after a brutal year of boycotts over Elon Musk's politics but still fell short of expectations. The company reported Thursday that sales rose 6 per cent to 358,023 in the three months through March, the first time in three years it posted a first-quarter increase from the year-earlier period. The increase follows a year of plunging sales due to an aging lineup and boycotts over Musk's right-wing political stands. Still, the results disappointed investors, who sold heavily on Thursday. One reason was that sales were 6 per cent lower than the 381,000 that financial analysts had expected, according to a survey by researcher FactSet. And they were sharply off from the sales for the three months ended in December. Tesla has had to contend with lower demand due to the September expiration of a USD 7,500 tax credit for EV buyers, a blow to sales across the industry. The company is hoping cheaper versions of Tesla models X and 3 introd
US Securities and Exchange Commission sued Elon Musk, alleging he delayed disclosing a 5% stake in Twitter, costing shareholders over $150 million
The filing comes after SpaceX merged with Musk's artificial intelligence startup xAI in a deal that valued the rocket company at $1 trillion and the developer of the Grok chatbot at $250 billion
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday said the state government is taking major steps to enhance digital connectivity through its collaboration with Elon Musk-owned Starlink. Meghalaya has seen credible transformation through technology, and "we are hopeful that this collaboration will help us reach the remotest corners of our state and make a real difference in people's lives", Sangma said in a post on X. The CM said he was glad to witness the MoU signing between the Meghalaya government and Starlink India. "Over the past 8 years, we have strengthened infrastructure, embraced technology, and improved governance, reducing processes that once took 30 days to just 3 days. Yet, connecting our remotest schools, health centres, and communities remains a challenge. "Our partnership to introduce advanced satellite connectivity technology marks an important step toward bridging this gap. This initiative will help save lives through better healthcare access, improve learning
The investors said Musk saved more than $200 million, and cheated them because they sold Twitter shares at depressed prices during the 11-day period
On Friday, the NYT reported that the Tesla CEO joined the phone call between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump that took place on Tuesday
Billionaire Elon Musk joined the phone call between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump earlier this week, the New York Times reported. Trump had called Modi to discuss the war with Iran on Tuesday, the first interaction between the two leaders since Israel and the US' military strikes on Iran began on February 28. "Elon Musk participated in a phone call on Tuesday with President Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, an unusual appearance by a private citizen on a call between two heads of state during a wartime crisis," the New York Times reported quoting unnamed US officials. The report said the inclusion of Musk, confirmed by two US officials, suggests that the world's richest man is back on better terms with the president. Trump and Musk had a falling out last year following the billionaire's departure from the government, where he had been tasked with slashing the work force. The report said it is unclear why Musk was on the call or whether h
Targeting judges in cases that don't go his way is not new for Musk; earlier he took aim at the chief judge of the Delaware Chancery Court on X after she voided his Tesla pay package twice in 2024
According to a report, billionaire businessman Elon Musk also joined the phone call between Modi and Trump when the two leaders discussed the situation in West Asia
The eight-person panel found Musk liable to Twitter investors for misleading them with two tweets he posted in May 2022 stating concerns about the prevalence of fake accounts on the platform
The order is the latest rejection of attempts by organisations and politicians to force advertisers and social media platforms to loosen content restrictions
It's one of a handful of lawsuits challenging actions taken by the Department of Government Efficiency project last year that have outlasted Musk's tenure in the US government
A jury has found Elon Musk liable for misleading investors by deliberately driving down Twitter's stock price in the tumultuous months leading up to his 2022 acquisition of the social media company for USD 44 billion. But it absolved him of some fraud allegations, finding that he did not "scheme" to mislead investors. The civil trial in San Francisco centered on a class-action lawsuit filed just before Musk took control of Twitter, which he later renamed X. Jurors were asked to decide if two tweets and comments Musk made on a podcast in May 2022 amounted to him intentionally defrauding Twitter shareholders, who sold their shares based on Musk's statements. The nine-person jury returned the verdict after 3 days of deliberation, nearly three weeks after the trial began on March 2. They said that while Musk was liable for misleading investors with two tweets -- including one said the Twitter deal was "temporarily on hold," he did not do so with a statement he made on a podcast and that
Three teenagers in Tennessee sued Elon Musk's xAI this week, claiming the company's image-generation tools were used to morph real photos of them into explicitly sexual images. The high school students, who are seeking to proceed under pseudonyms, filed the lawsuit in California, where xAI - Musk's artificial intelligence company - has its headquarters. They are seeking class-action status in order to represent what the lawsuit says are thousands of victims like themselves who either are minors or were minors when sexually explicit images of them were created. According to the lawsuit, Jane Doe 1 was alerted anonymously in December that someone was distributing sexually explicit images of her on a social media website. "At least five of these files, one video and four images, depicted her actual face and body in settings with which she was familiar, but morphed into sexually explicit poses," the lawsuit states. It claims the person distributing the images knew Doe and used xAI's ima
Musk said in January that solar power could meet all of the electricity needs of the United States, including the ever-increasing demand from a growing number of data centres