India is in touch with the governments of Dominica, and Antigua and Barbuda to bring back fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi from the Caribbean region, sources said on Thursday. Choksi, who had recently fled from Antigua and Barbuda, was captured in neighbouring Dominica after an Interpol Yellow Notice was issued against him, Antiguan media reported on Wednesday. The sources said India was in touch with Antigua and Barbuda on the matter and now contact has been established with the government of Dominica. "We are in touch with them. Our interest in getting fugitives like Choksi and others remains strong," said a source, adding the focus has been to bring them back to the country at the earliest. It is learnt that probe agencies are pursuing the matter of bringing back Choksi to India. Antigua and Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne said he has asked Dominica to hand the diamantaire over to India directly. After news of Choksi's arrest in Dominica came on Tuesday night (local time
Antigua and Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne has asked neighbouring Dominica, where fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi was caught, to hand the diamantaire over to India directly, media reports
Fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi, wanted in a Rs 13,5000-crore loan fraud in Punjab National Bank, has gone missing in Antigua and Barbuda where he had been staying since January 2018
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday contacted the Antigua Embassy in India over the reports that fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi is missing since May 23
Fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi, who is wanted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Enforcement Directorate (ED), has gone missing in Antigua and Barbuda
The team completed the extradition process and finally brought him to Bengaluru by an Air France flight
The man had been absconding since late 1970s, including hiding in Portugal, prior to entering Britain with a false identity