US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut off TikTok if the popular Chinese video sharing app's tentative deal with two American companies Walmart and Oracle does not go through
ByteDance and Oracle issued conflicting statements on Monday over the terms of an agreement they reached with the White House over the weekend to allow TikTok to continue
The social app said in a statement it achieved the feat in a matter of three months, with content creators making a beeline to join it.
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin remains confident that Trump will sign off on the transaction, but US national security officials continue to raise concerns
TikTok to give $5 billion to fund the education of American youths; ban delayed till September 27
ByteDance was racing to avoid a crackdown on TikTok after the US Commerce Department said on Friday it would block new downloads and updates to the app come Sunday
Oracle and Walmart have rights to buy 12.5% and 7.5% respectively of a newly established TikTok Global under an agreement that won the approval of President Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump said he had approved a deal, which included a $5 billion education fund, to allow TikTok to continue to operate in the United States
Oracle and Walmart together could end up with as much as 20% of the entity, purchased in a round of financing that would precede an initial public offering
US Commerce Department announced a one-week delay until Sept. 27 in an order issued Friday that was set to require Apple Inc and Alphabet Inc's Google to remove the TikTok app for download
The deal mandates the creation of a new American company -- incorporated in Texas -- and the prospect of 25,000 new jobs
Amid worsening relations between two countries, China on Saturday said it resolutely opposed the move by the US to ban TikTok and WeChat and vowed to take countermeasures
Popular video-sharing app TikTok has asked a U.S. judge to block the Trump administration from enforcing a ban on the Chinese social media network, according to court documents filed late on Friday
Trump exceeded his authority when he moved to ban the app, and did so for political reasons rather than to stop an "unusual and extraordinary threat", said the complaint
China's Commerce Ministry said on Saturday it was "resolutely opposed" to the U.S. decision to ban WeChat and video-sharing app TikTok from U.S. app stores starting Sunday night
Trump administration will ban TikTok from US app stores, a move that will block Americans from downloading or updating the Chinese-owned platform over concerns it poses a national security threat
ByteDance plans to launch TikTok IPO in US and accept new Treasury terms
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said recently that he felt a TikTok ban would set a "bad long-term precedent" for the tech industry
The order doesn't apply to operations or cash transfers outside the US, which had been a concern of some US tech companies
ByteDance is racing to clinch an agreement with the White House that will stave off a U.S. ban on TikTok that President Donald Trump has threatened could happen as early as next week