Akshaya Mukul, who wrote the much-feted Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India (2015), is back with a new book called Writer, Rebel, Soldier, Lover: The Many Lives of Agyeya. It is a biography of Hindi poet-novelist Sachchidanand Hirananda Vatsyayan ‘Agyega’ (1911-1987). The tome of 808 pages looks formidable but is entirely worth your time if you enjoy immersion in scholarly work that is rigorous in method and racy in style.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.