Who are the movers and shakers of the art world? The powerbroker lists — and goalposts — keep changing depending on who is drawing them. Is the Japanese buyer of the most expensive Basquiat painting a force to reckon with as an influencer? Is a curator only as good as his latest outing? Does someone with a legacy but no current relevance form part of the annual club? Should a museum head make it over the achievements of his predecessors? Why should a gallerist even be on the list?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, November 03 2017. 21:49 IST