ACC’s performance for the second quarter ended June 2017 (Q2) was above expectations on the profitability front. ACC follows January-December financial year. Cement sales volume at 6.74 million tonnes (MT) grew 10.1 per cent year-on-year and was better than 6.6 MT in the previous quarter. This was partly anticipated by analysts, in light of the completion of ACC’s capacity expansion at Jamul in Chhattisgarh. However, the Street’s concerns on rising costs in the backdrop of higher coal and pet coke price, seem to be getting addressed.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, July 18 2017. 00:40 IST