The two statutory auditors of crisis-ridden housing finance company Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL), Deloitte Haskins and Sells and Chaturvedi & Shah, had on June 6 sought additional financial information from the company to reconcile its annual results for the 2018-19 financial year, invoking Section 143 of the Companies Act, 2013. The section includes rules and regulations for auditors to report instances of fraud or suspected fraud.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, July 16 2019. 01:22 IST