Toyota Kirloskar Motor will put the Innova Hycross on the market in January. The model, expected to be priced at more than Rs 20 lakh, will have hybrid options apart from gasoline. This is the first hybrid offer by the company in the mainstream UV (utility vehicle) segment after the Hyryder. Vikram S Kirloskar, vice-chairman, Toyota Kirloskar, tells Shally Seth Mohile the firm is content with pursuing hybrid technology even as others have chosen the pure battery electric route to reduce carbon emission. Edited excerpts.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, November 25 2022. 21:52 IST