Country’s largest private sector lender, HDFC Bank, on Saturday has reported an 18 per cent jump in net profit in the October–December quarter (Q3FY22) aided by higher credit growth and lower provisions. The lender’s profit after tax was to the tune of Rs 10,342.2 crore, in line with the Street estimates, compared to Rs 8,758.29 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous financial year (FY21). Analysts at Bloomberg had estimated a net profit of Rs 10,136 crore.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sat, January 15 2022. 14:57 IST