Technology is changing the world in ways that would be considered unimaginable a decade ago. At the turn of the century, if someone had told you about dictating your shopping list to a phone to get it delivered within half an hour, or booking a cab at a click of a button, you would have dismissed it as futuristic! But all of this has become a way of life now – our ‘new normal’.
In the last decade or so, the retail industry has seen several transformations and evolved exponentially due to the assimilation of online and offline channels, growing consumer awareness and rising disposable income. In recent years, the digitalization and formalization of the economy as well as the easy availability of venture and risk capital has catapulted the sector’s growth in India.
According to a Bain & Company 2021 report, India’s retail sector is one of the fastest-growing in the world, projected to touch $1.3 trillion
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.