The recent rally after the lockdown on the bourses has surprised many and also benefited India’s billionaire promoters.
The super-rich club grew to an all-time high of 90 billionaires (in dollar terms) against 80 at the end of December 2019.
Together, these billionaires now have combined wealth of $483 billion (around Rs 35.5 trillion), up 33 per cent in the past 12 months from $364 billion on December 31 last year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.