The latest amendments to the Companies Act that were made in 2019, the new GST rules on returns and e-invoicing, the eligibility test and registration of independent directors, and the separation of roles of chairman and managing director are among the key compliance challenges before corporate India in 2020. There is an ever-expanding list of compliance requirement, along with the existing ones, which is expected to keep businesses on their toes throughout the year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, January 05 2020. 16:12 IST