Even as Kuala Lumpur-headquartered IHH Healthcare is in talks with the Securities & Exchange Board of India (Sebi) in order to proceed with the open offer for Fortis Healthcare and raise its stake above 51 per cent, the offer price could emerge as a key point. From the four-year old price of Rs 170 a share for the open offer, Fortis shares are trading at Rs 280 apiece on the BSE now. Kelvin Loh, Managing Director and CEO, IHH Healthcare Berhad, and Ravi Rajagopal, Chairman, Fortis, in a conversation with Sohini Das & Nivedita Mookerji, spoke about offer price, regulatory challenges, promise of the India market, expansion plans and more. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, November 10 2022. 23:42 IST