Delhi and places nearby were engulfed in a smog on Thursday as air pollution reached emergency levels, prompting authorities to shut schools and warn that a traffic rationing measure could be extended.
Air quality index (AQI) in the national was 472 with particulate matter (PM) 2.5 levels at 322 and PM 10 levels at 487 at 6:30 am on Thursday.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, November 14 2019. 06:52 IST