- Collision between asteroids sparked Earth's biodiversity, reveals study
- NASA analysing Chandrayaan-2 landing site images captured by lunar orbiter
- Isro signs MoUs with DRDO labs for Human Space Mission
- In a 1st, water found on potentially habitable planet outside solar system
- Fires still erupting in Amazon; number of blazes in Brazil up 45% from 2018
- Meat and bottled drink sales fall as consumers get climate change conscious
- Chandrayaan-2: ISRO racing against time to get 'Vikram' back to life
- Chandrayaan-2: No communication with Vikram lander yet, says Isro
- Amazon fires releasing CO2 stored in forests, impacting global climate: ESA
- Vikram tilted but unbroken after hard landing, trying to re-connect: ISRO
Chandrayaan-2 launch highlights: Isro chief hails historic day for India
Chandrayaan-2 mission: Filling of Liquid Oxygen in cryogenic stage(C25) of GSLV MkIII-M1 Completed. Catch LIVE update's on India's mission to the moon
PM Narendra Modi in his office in New Delhi watches scientists at Isro's mission control room during the launch of Chandrayaan-2.
India successfully launched its second mission to the moon on Monday, a week after a technical snag forced the country's space mission to postpone the attempt.
"We bounced back in flying colours after the earlier technical snag. Success is coming after a hollow," said Kailasavadivoo Sivan, chief of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), about the mission called Chandrayaan-2.
If successful, the mission will allow Isro scientists to carry out studies regarding the presence of water at the moon's south pole, unexplored by any other nation before.
Here are highlights from our live coverage of Chandrayaan-2 launch.