- Kozhikode crash: Report says pilot's non-adherence to SOP probable cause
- Aluminium industry frets that its supply snarls have just begun
- Govt cuts custom duties on edible oils to check prices in festive season
- Speculation over Patel, Mandaviya as next CM after Rupani's resignation
- India's IPL stars off to Dubai after 2nd successive negative RT-PCR reports
Covid LIVE: ZyCoV-D is likely to be launched in early October, says report
The national recovery rate was recorded at 97.49 per cent, the health ministry said.
India saw a single-day rise of 33,376 coronavirus infections, taking the overall tally of cases to 33,208,330, while the number of active cases increased marginally since Friday to stand at 391,516, according to the Union Health Ministry.
The death toll climbed to 442,317 with 308 daily fatalities, according to the data updated at 8 am.
The number of active cases have increased to 391,516, comprising 1.18 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 97.49 per cent, the health ministry said.
An increase of 870 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours. On Friday, the country had recoded 390,646 active cases.