- Why Digital Rupee is a distraction and India ought to go slow on it
- India prohibits wheat exports with immediate effect to calm local prices
- Mukesh Ambani, Britain's Issa brothers face off in final battle for Boots
- From sneakers to Teslas, China lockdowns upend global supply chains
- LIVE news updates: No one can predict length of war, says Ukrainian prez
Covid LIVE: Maharashtra sees 5,609 new cases, 137 deaths in last 24 hours
Coronavirus live updates: India allows foreigners to use its vaccine registration website; Singapore inoculates 70% of its population.
Coronavirus updates: India reported on Tuesday 28,204 new Covid-19 infections over the last 24 hours, the lowest since March 16, according to the health ministry's data.
India's overall case load touched 32 million. Overall deaths in the country increased by 373 overnight, pushing the tally to 428,682.
World coronavirus updates: Canada is extending its restrictions on direct commercial and private passenger flights from India to September 21 because of Covid-19. The government will also extend testing requirements for passengers arriving from India via an indirect flight, Bloomberg reported.
Indonesia will gradually ease restrictions in several cities, including the capital Jakarta, as it sets out a roadmap for life with the coronavirus for the next few years.
Singapore said 70 per cent of its population has been fully vaccinated, and 79 per cent have received at least one dose, giving the city-state one of the best vaccination rates in the world.