- BJP removes Biplab Deb, chooses Manik Saha as Tripura CM ahead of polls
- Majoritarianism will be extremely dangerous for the future of India: Rajan
- Egypt in talks with India on wheat export ban exemption: Official
- As Elon Musk's $44-bn buyout looms, Twitter searches for its soul
- Crypto prices slip after Bitcoin's most volatile week in two years
Covid LIVE: Centre to give Rs 1,300 cr to NE states for emergency response
Coronavirus LIVE updates: Kerala reported 12,294 new infections, Maharashtra 4,145, Andhra Pradesh (909), Tamil Nadu (1,851), Karnataka (1,065) and Delhi (27). Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus updates: India recorded 25,166 new Covid-19 cases and 437 deaths in the past 24 hours, taking its tally to 32,250,679 and the death toll to 432,079. Kerala reported 12,294 new infections, Maharashtra 4,145, followed by Andhra Pradesh (909), Tamil Nadu (1,851), Karnataka (1,065), West Bengal (502) and Delhi (27).
The United States has eased its travel advisory for India, lowering it to Level 2: Moderate. The new travel advisory of Level 2 – which is considered as safe – came in the wake of the significant improvement in Covid situation in India.
World coronavirus update: Covid-19 is continuing to spread around the world, with 208,638,253 confirmed cases and 4,382,882 deaths across nearly 200 countries recorded since China reported its first cases in December 2019. The US remains the worst-hit country with 37,719,467 cases, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and France.
To read updates from our yesterday's blog, click here