- Rupee decline starts to cut into Sensex earnings in dollar terms
- Air India halves discount on basic fares for senior citizens, students
- ICICI Pru, 14 insurance firms evaded Rs 824 crore input tax credit
- Price hikes in electric scooter models? 'Unlikely', says Ola Electric
- PM will be shown working of 5G services from tunnel of Delhi Metro: Report
- Centre cuts FY23 borrowing target by Rs 10k cr; to borrow Rs 5.92 trn in H2
- Govt must curb non-essential imports to stem rupee fall: CEO poll
- Blue Dart Express' volume growth momentum likely to sustain in FY23
- Retail IPO applications down by over 50% in H1FY23, shows data
Covid LIVE: Maharashtra sees record 985 deaths in a day, over 63,000 cases
Coronavirus live updates | Statewise list of fresh Covid-19 cases: Maharashtra 66,358, Uttar Pradesh 32,921, Kerala 32,819, Karnataka 31,830 and Delhi 24,149 cases. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: A day after reported a slight dip in the number of fresh Covid infections and fatalities, India on Wednesday recorded a massive surge of 360,960 cases and 3,293 deaths, according to MoHFW. The cumulative caseload stands at 17,997,267 and the death toll from the virus has crossed the 200,000-mark. India now has nearly 3 million active cases. India has been reporting over 300,000 cases daily for almost a week now.
Maharashtra witnessed nearly 900 deaths. The state reported 66,358 new cases, Uttar Pradesh 32,921, Kerala 32,819 and Karnataka 31,830 cases in the last 24 hours. Meanwhile Delhi recorded 24,149 fresh Covid-19 cases and over 300 deaths for 6th day in a row.
The six most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (4,410,085), Kerala (1,405,655), Karnataka (1,400,775), Uttar Pradesh (1,086,625), Tamil Nadu (1,081,988), and Delhi (1,047,916).
According to a TOI reports, a proposal has been drawn up for a lockdown, with exemptions for a set of defined essential services, in around 150 districts with Covid-19 positivity rate of over 15% as health systems in these areas are seen to be under stress due to the pandemic.
A final decision will be taken by the Centre in consultation with state governments.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 149,313,302 infected by the deadly contagion. While 127,451,084 have recovered, 3,148,014 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 32,926,352, followed by India, Brazil, France and Russia. However, in the past seven days, India has added the highest number of fresh cases at 2,311,021, followed by the US (408,104) and Brazil (392,743).