- Amazon urges Sebi not to issue NOC for $3.4 bn Future-Reliance deal
- McConnell holds Donald Trump's fate as impeachment heads to Senate
- TCS' market valuation crosses Rs 12 trillion-mark helped by rally
- PM Modi to launch Covid-19 vaccination 10.30 am Saturday: Govt
- UBS fund pursues $400 million stake in SoftBank-backed Paytm: Report
- Parliament session from January 29, FM to present Budget on Feb 1
- BKU leader Mann recuses himself from SC panel, says won't let down farmers
LIVE: PM Modi to launch Covid-19 vaccination at 10.30 am on Saturday
Coronavirus live updates: In the last 24 hours, India registered 17,015 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the tally to 10,512,8311. Globally, nearly 93 million people have been infected by the virus
China reported its first death from the coronavirus in nine months | Photo: Shutterstock
Coronavirus update: In the last 24 hours, India registered 17,015 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the tally to 10,514,580. Globally, nearly 93 million people have been infected by the virus. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-wit nations by active cases, according to data from Worldometer. The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (1,981,623), Karnataka (929,552), Andhra Pradesh (885,437), Tamil Nadu (828,287), and Kerala (825,769).
Thirteen international experts of the WHO arrived in Wuhan on Thursday for the long-awaited probe into the origins of the deadly coronavirus pandemic, while two others did not board the flight from Singapore to the central Chinese city after they tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies.
China reported its first death from the coronavirus in nine months, as a new flareup in the country spreads to more regions ahead of the Chinese New Year holidays, according to Bloomberg.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with nearly 93 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 66,458,743 have recovered, 1,990,483 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 23,614,679, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.