India on Tuesday reported a net reduction of 133,934 in active coronavirus cases to take its count to 2,586,782. India’s share of global active coronavirus cases now stands at 17.13 per cent (one in 5). The country is second among the most affected countries by active cases. On Tuesday, it added 196,427 cases to take its total caseload to 26,948,874. And, with 3,511 new fatalities, its Covid-19 death toll reached 307,231, or 1.14 per cent of total confirmed infections.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, May 25 2021. 13:47 IST