Recoveries continue to outnumber fresh cases: It has been 34 days since recoveries have outnumbered the detection of new infections, the strongest indication yet that India's coronavirus epidemic is steadily declining. In this time, active cases nearly halved, the fresh cases on a daily basis fell to less than half of the September peak, and the growth rate dropped to just about 0.5 per cent per day.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sat, November 07 2020. 11:43 IST