The Supreme Court on Friday barred the Enforcement Directorate (ED) from arresting former Finance Minister P Chidambaram till Monday, when it will next hear the case. On August 26, the apex court will also hear Chidambaram’s plea against a lower court order remanding him to the custody of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the case related to alleged discrepancies in granting Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approvals to INX Media.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, August 23 2019. 20:54 IST