- DRDO tackles Covid-19 pandemic, but keeps focus on battlefield products
- India may overtake China as most populous country even before 2027: Report
- Covid-19: Bored of WFH? IRCTC offers 'work from hotel' package in Kerala
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Delhi, Bihar, Punjab today: IMD
- SC dismisses bail plea of activist Gautam Navlakha in Bhima Koregaon case
- Fuel prices up 25p; Bhopal, Indore join cities with Rs 100/litre petrol
- Indian April fuel demand dips; coronavirus wave clouds outlook
- PM Modi will not attend G7 summit in person due to Covid situation: MEA
- Explosives case: Mumbai cop Sachin Waze dismissed from police service
- Railways delivers over 5,000 tonne of medical oxygen in 22 days to states
LIVE: PM to hold meetings with not more than 500 people in Bengal, says BJP
Even as West Bengal reported 8,419 Covid-19 cases in 24 hours, Union minister Amit Shah is set to lead three rallies and a road show today. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi | Photo: PTI
Voting for the second phase of the Uttar Pradesh Panchayat elections is underway with Covid-19 protocols in place. The polls are being held for the posts of members of zila panchayats, and kshetra panchayats.
Over 30 million voters will decide the fate of the candidates in 20 districts of the state. Voting started from 7 am and will end at 6 pm .
The second phase assumes significance as state capital Lucknow and Varanasi will go to polls in this round.
Apart from Lucknow and Varanasi, polling will be held in Amroha, Azamgarh, Etawah, Etah, Kannauj, Gonda, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Chitrakoot, Pratapgarh, Budaun, Baghpat, Bijnor, Muzaffarnagar, Mainpuri, Maharajganj, Lakhimpur Kheri, Lalitpur and Sultanpur districts.
The counting of votes will be done on May 2.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.