- At Rs 3.13 a unit, Delhi's Lady Irwin College will generate 80% own power
- Delhi HC seeks govt response on pleas for recognition of same-sex marriage
- Taking action against all violators of pollution norms, even MCD: Gopal Rai
- Mineral sector's role as essential service acknowledged amid Covid: Govt
- Delhi govt to frame policy for coaching institutes; lay down norms for fees
- Residential real estate showing recovery signs in Jul-September: Report
- Coal scam: CBI seeks life imprisonment for ex-minister Dilip Ray
- Telangana: Heavy rains kill 15 in Hyderabad; people urged to stay indoors
- Hathras case: PIL in SC seeks case under SC/ST Act against cops, officials
- Private hospitals request WB govt to lower GST on COVID-19 test kits
LIVE: Cabinet approves Rs 520-cr package for Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh
Supreme Court will today hear a batch of petitions that have raised issues concerning the six-month moratorium on loan payments. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday approved a special package of Rs 520 crore for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
Addressing a press conference, Javadekar said the package will ensure sufficient funds under the mission to both the Union Territories.
The decision is in line with Centre's aim to universalise all centrally sponsored beneficiary-oriented schemes in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh in a time-bound manner, he said.The Supreme Court has began hearings on a batch of petitions that have raised issues concerning the six-month moratorium on loan payments announced in view of the Covid-19 pandemic. The pleas on Tuesday came up for hearing before a Bench, comprising Justices Ashok Bhushan, R S Reddy and M R Shah, which said it would hear the matter on Wednesday.
Several residential areas in Hyderabad and suburbs remained inundated today as unprecedented rainfall has left at least 13 people dead. Hyderabad has been lashed by rains since Tuesday evening. The heavy rains under the impact of deep depression wrecked havoc in the Telangana capital as overflowing lakes and open nalas flooded roads and colonies. The highest rainfall in over a century paralysed the city and outskirts, plunging hundreds of colonies into darkness.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.