- India lost 259 bn hours of labour annually because of global warming
- Delhi's air quality slips to 'poor', pollution respite from rainfall ends
- Top headlines: Food and fertiliser subsidy; Goa Assembly polls, more
- Have received inputs, on high alert: BSF IG ahead of R-Day celebrations
- Israeli PM likely to visit India as 2 nations celebrate 30 years of ties
- Pakistan hands over 20 Indian fishermen to India Attari: Report
- Crime Branch interrogation of actor Dileep, others ends after 11 hours
- HC seeks reports of reservation in the preliminary exams of 7th JPSC
- SC stays SAT order directing Sebi's AO to appear before it
- Delhi slashes number of dry days to 3, down from 21 earlier
LIVE: Cabinet approves Rs 520-cr package for Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh
Supreme Court will today hear a batch of petitions that have raised issues concerning the six-month moratorium on loan payments. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday approved a special package of Rs 520 crore for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
Addressing a press conference, Javadekar said the package will ensure sufficient funds under the mission to both the Union Territories.
The decision is in line with Centre's aim to universalise all centrally sponsored beneficiary-oriented schemes in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh in a time-bound manner, he said.The Supreme Court has began hearings on a batch of petitions that have raised issues concerning the six-month moratorium on loan payments announced in view of the Covid-19 pandemic. The pleas on Tuesday came up for hearing before a Bench, comprising Justices Ashok Bhushan, R S Reddy and M R Shah, which said it would hear the matter on Wednesday.
Several residential areas in Hyderabad and suburbs remained inundated today as unprecedented rainfall has left at least 13 people dead. Hyderabad has been lashed by rains since Tuesday evening. The heavy rains under the impact of deep depression wrecked havoc in the Telangana capital as overflowing lakes and open nalas flooded roads and colonies. The highest rainfall in over a century paralysed the city and outskirts, plunging hundreds of colonies into darkness.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.