- Latest News LIVE: Rains wreak havoc across India, red alert in Karnataka
- Top headlines: Q1 earnings shrink, telcos await SC verdict on AGR and more
- Lost generation: Covid-19 pushes millions of kids out of school, into work
- After MEA's remarks, India dismisses controversy over Buddha's birthplace
- Delhi to Mumbai, police scramble to save man's 'suicide on Facebook'
- Defence minister Rajnath singh to launch 'Atmanirbhar Bharat Saptah' today
- Covid-19: Mulayam Singh Yadav's health condition improving, says doctor
- Kozhikode plane crash: 14 passengers critical, says Malappuram collector
- Draft EIA notification 'dangerous', 'disaster'; protest against it: Rahul
- Niti Aayog working to champion cause of women entrepreneurship: Kant
LIVE updates: India asks Pakistan to reduce high commission staff by 50%
Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane will visit Leh today to review the on-ground situation and the progress in talks with the Chinese military
An army convoy moves along the Srinagar-Leh highway on Wednesday, after Indian soldiers had a violent standoff with Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh file photo:pti
India took part in a trilateral meeting with Russia and China on Tuesday, days after a clash between Indian and Chinese troops in Ladakh's Galwan Valley left 20 soldiers dead.
Chinese and Indian armies arrived at a consensus on the "outstanding issues" between them and agreed to take necessary measures to "cool down" the situation at their borders, the Chinese Foreign Ministry announced on Tuesday.
Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane visited Leh today to review the on-ground situation and the progress in talks with the Chinese military.
In another development, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has said Monsoon is expected to enter parts of Uttarakhand and nearby areas of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court cleared the decks for holding the historic Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra in Odisha's Puri on Tuesday, modifying its stay order and permitting the festivities without any public attendance, besides directing other precautions in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day