- Sugar output pegged lower by 2.2% for 2021-22 season: ISMA
- New border law doesn't affect existing treaties: China to India
- Will discuss economic and health recovery at G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Proper planning must to meet future transport needs: Uddhav Thackeray
- Farmers' protest: Delhi Police starts removing barricades at Tikri border
- India's Lakshya Sen sails into third round of French Open badminton
- Delhi's sex ratio at birth increased from 920 to 933 in 2020, says Sisodia
- Punjab to scrap 40K pending cases of VAT against traders, industrialists
- Top headlines: Aryan Khan gets bail; dues to Air India put at Rs 600 crore
- India fully prepared to face any challenge, if need arises: Rajnath
Parliament LIVE: Lok Sabha adjourns sine die; Monsoon session ends
The Lok Sabha will be adjourned sine die today, eight days ahead of the scheduled end of the monsoon session. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair a high-level virtual meeting with chief ministers and health ministers of seven most-affected states today to review the coronavirus situation. The states with the highest Covid-19 caseload are Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and Punjab.
In another important news, the navies of India and Australia will carry out a two-day mega exercise in the Indian Ocean Region beginning today. The exercise will involve a range of complex naval manoeuvres, anti-aircraft drills and helicopter operations, according to officials.
The Lok Sabha will be adjourned sine die today, eight days ahead of the scheduled end of the monsoon session, amid concerns of the spread of coronavirus among lawmakers. Several MPs, including a few ministers, have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past few days.
On the technology front, Apple Inc has launched its much-awaited online store in India today.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.