- Modi, Biden to discuss Afghanistan, 'front and centre issues': US official
- Top headlines: Govt withdraws spending curbs; direct tax mop-up grows 74%
- India's submarine conundrum: To go nuclear or conventional?
- 761 candidates, 545 men and 216 women, clear civil services exam 2020: UPSC
- Karnataka govt seeks to ban online gaming, worrying a booming industry
- Unmarried women can apply for national defence, naval academy exam
- SC stays Kerala HC proceedings over Centre's 10% reservation to EWS
- 'Dear POTUS...,' tweets farmer leader ahead of Biden's meeting with Modi
- 3 dead in shootout at Delhi court; gunmen posing as lawyers kill gangster
- Trailblazer basketball player Satnam to try hand at pro-wrestling
LIVE news: Parliament monsoon session from Sept 14 to Oct 1, say reports
Stay tuned with Business Standard for all LIVE updates
The upcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament is likely to begin from September 14 in which 18 sittings are expected in each of the two Houses that would conduct their proceedings without any off day, said media reports.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday reserved the verdict on the quantum of sentence to be given to advocate Prashant Bhushan, convicted for contempt of court for his tweets against the judiciary. A bench comprising Justices Arun Mishra, B.R. Gavai and Krishna Murari reserved the verdict after a detailed hearing on the matter.
A five-storeyed building collapsed in the Raigad district of Maharashtra on Tuesday. So far, nine persons have been rescued after the Tarek Garden building in Mahad, around 170 km from Mumbai, came tumbling down on Monday evening. Eighteen residents are still missing and rescue operation is underway, police said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day