- Babri Masjid demolition case: A timeline of events from 1528 to 2020
- UPSC 2020: SC refuses to postpone civil service exam, to be held on Oct 4
- Covid-19: Delhi govt extends water bill waiver scheme till December-end
- Delhi accounted for most crimes against foreigners in India in 2019: NCRB
- Babri Masjid demolition verdict: All including LK Advani, Joshi acquitted
- Hathras gangrape: Amid outrage, PM Modi directs Yogi for strict action
- Will intensify stir if pending salaries not paid in 7 days: Striking docs
- Babri verdict: Keeping tight vigil in national capital, says Delhi Police
- Delhi's air in moderate category today, likely to turn poor by Friday
- Hathras gangrape: Victim cremated in dead of night 'forcibly' by police
LIVE news: Parliament monsoon session from Sept 14 to Oct 1, say reports
Stay tuned with Business Standard for all LIVE updates
File photo of the Indian Parliament
The upcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament is likely to begin from September 14 in which 18 sittings are expected in each of the two Houses that would conduct their proceedings without any off day, said media reports.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday reserved the verdict on the quantum of sentence to be given to advocate Prashant Bhushan, convicted for contempt of court for his tweets against the judiciary. A bench comprising Justices Arun Mishra, B.R. Gavai and Krishna Murari reserved the verdict after a detailed hearing on the matter.
A five-storeyed building collapsed in the Raigad district of Maharashtra on Tuesday. So far, nine persons have been rescued after the Tarek Garden building in Mahad, around 170 km from Mumbai, came tumbling down on Monday evening. Eighteen residents are still missing and rescue operation is underway, police said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day