- Thousands left high and dry for 10 hours amid farmers' protests
- From Z-Morh to Zojila tunnels, Ladakh to get a bit closer to Srinagar
- 81% received full wages in first wave of Covid-19 pandemic: Survey
- Top headlines: Organised sector employment up in Q1; RIL eyes Glance
- Did not leak info on Google probe, antitrust watchdog CCI tells Delhi HC
- Kerala IT sector to see Rs 6,000 cr investments in two years: IT Park exec
- Massive traffic snarls in Delhi's border areas amid Bharat Bandh
- Organised sector weathers second Covid wave on job front: Labour survey
- Markets shut, roads blocked as Bharat Bandh affects life in Jharkhand
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers, slams govt
LIVE: Students want NEET, JEE exams to be held, says Education Minister
'We have received mails from students and parents who are in favour of holding exams', said the minister. Stay tuned news LIVE updates
Over 1.7 million candidates have downloaded their admit cards for JEE and NEET, and this shows that the students want the exams to be conducted at any cost, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' said on Thursday. The minister's comments come against the backdrop of a growing chorus for postponement of the medical and engineering entrance exams in view of spike in Covid-19 cases.
In another major development, the Centre today placed before the GST Council two options for borrowing by states to meet the shortfall in GST revenues, pegged at Rs 2.35 trillion in the current financial year. Briefing reporters after the 41st meeting of the GST Council, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the economy is facing an extraordinary 'Act of God' situation, which may result in economic contraction.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addressed the press conference on 41st Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting which was held today via video conferencing in New Delhi.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day
Making India self-reliant in the defence sector. https://t.co/GDgfmgXzAV— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 27, 2020