- Muhurat for Ram temple event inauspicious, Sanatan norms ignored: Digvijaya
- No party at Sushant Rajput's home on June 13, says Mumbai Police Chief
- Rahul upset with infighting, leaders urged to keep views internally: Report
- Tamil Nadu will not allow 3-language formula in the state, says Palaniswami
- UP govt to install solar panels on hotels, guest houses under Tourism Dept
- Hyderabad 16th among 20 cities globally in CCTV Surveillance, tops in India
- Vizag crane collapse: HSL announces Rs 50 lakh ex-gratia, job for kin
- Officer probing Sushant's death 'forcibly quarantined' in Mumbai: Bihar DGP
- LIVE: Digvijaya Singh requests PM Modi to defer Ram temple 'bhoomi pujan'
- Top headlines: Apple plans more production in India, PSB stake sale & more
LIVE: Rajasthan Governor issues order to convene session from August 14
The five French Rafale fighter jets touched down at Haryana's Ambala today. Stay tuned for latest news live updates
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot speaks to media outisde Raj Bhawan in Jaipur.
Latest news today live updates: The five French Rafale fighter jets touched down at Haryana's Ambala after covering a distance of nearly 7,000 km to join the Indian Air Force. The jets were given a customary water salute upon their arrival at the airbase, some 220-km from the India-Pakistan border.
The formal induction ceremony of the aircraft would be held later. The aircraft would move out soon to another operational base for operational sorties. The Rafale jets, India's first major acquisition of fighter planes in over two decades, are expected to significantly boost the Indian Air Force's combat capabilities.
The Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on Wednesday cleared another proposal to be sent to the Governor for summoning the assembly, saying the session should begin on August 14. Government sources argued that this meets the 21-day notice requirement on which Governor Kalraj Mishra was insisting.
The Cabinet is counting the days from July 23, when it made its first proposal. Earlier, the government wanted the session from July 31.
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the new National Education Policy (NEP) and renamed the HRD Ministry as Education Ministry, officials said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day