- Management guru Bala Balachandran, 84, passes away after brief illness
- India's intellectuals lay down strategy for the decade ahead
- Murmurs of Amarinder Singh jumping ship further rock Congress boat
- Punjab minister Razia Sultana quits in 'solidarity' with Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Flight crew, air traffic controllers to be tested for drugs from January
- Delhi riots: HC says premeditated conspiracy, not on spur of the moment
- 1 Pak terrorist killed, another captured in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh urges private sector defence industry to invest in R&D
- Extremely delighted to meet hockey star Sreejesh: Kerala CM Vijayan
- Need to build a new India on the basis of women-led development: Irani
LIVE: Rajasthan Governor issues order to convene session from August 14
The five French Rafale fighter jets touched down at Haryana's Ambala today. Stay tuned for latest news live updates
Latest news today live updates: The five French Rafale fighter jets touched down at Haryana's Ambala after covering a distance of nearly 7,000 km to join the Indian Air Force. The jets were given a customary water salute upon their arrival at the airbase, some 220-km from the India-Pakistan border.
The formal induction ceremony of the aircraft would be held later. The aircraft would move out soon to another operational base for operational sorties. The Rafale jets, India's first major acquisition of fighter planes in over two decades, are expected to significantly boost the Indian Air Force's combat capabilities.
The Ashok Gehlot Cabinet on Wednesday cleared another proposal to be sent to the Governor for summoning the assembly, saying the session should begin on August 14. Government sources argued that this meets the 21-day notice requirement on which Governor Kalraj Mishra was insisting.
The Cabinet is counting the days from July 23, when it made its first proposal. Earlier, the government wanted the session from July 31.
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the new National Education Policy (NEP) and renamed the HRD Ministry as Education Ministry, officials said.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day