- SUV with explosives found near Ambani's house had been stolen: cops
- Move Delhi HC to challenge FASTag policy, SC tells petitioner
- Russian, Chinese hacking groups target pharma companies for Covid-19 data
- China plays down reports of India beating it in Covid-19 vaccine diplomacy
- Top headlines: Q3 GDP growth at 0.4%, EC announces poll dates for 5 states
- Bihar CM Nitish fumes over criticisms of liquor prohibition in Bihar
- India's sudden peace push with nuclear rivals China, Pak shows Biden impact
- Mumbai's Arthur Road jail keeps special cell ready to lodge Nirav Modi
- Biz establishments remain shut in Odisha to protest against fuel price hike
- Chaos at toll plazas as commuters grapple with enforcement of FASTags
LIVE: Delhi Court charges Ex-Haryana CM in disproportionate assets case
CEA Krishnamurthy Subramanian today interacted with industry leaders, a day after presenting Economic Survey 2021. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Om Prakash Chautala. Photo: Youtube
Speaking with industry leaders in a televised interaction on CNBC-TV18, Chief Economic Advisor, Krishnamurthy Subramanian said, "Economic Survey tabled in Parliament on Friday recommends countercyclical fiscal policy and "survey is clear that fiscal support should continue till we reach pre-Covid-19 levels." The CEA added that spends during recessionary times have a much higher multiplier effect on the economy.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair an all-party meeting today during which the government will put forth its legislative agenda for the Budget session of Parliament, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi said today.
He said the meeting will be held virtually and an invitation has been extended to floor leaders of all parties.
Union home minister Amit Shah will address a rally in West Bengal today, and attend several programmes as the BJP steps up its campaign in the poll-bound state.
Amit Shah arrived in Kolkata on Friday night and is scheduled to start his public programmes today with a visit to ISKCON (International Society of Krishna Consciousness) in Mayapur and later address a rally at Thakurnagar. He will also address his party's social media volunteers in Kolkata in the evening.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day