- Govt launches contest to develop smart water supply monitoring system
- Monsoon withdrawal likely to begin next week, Odisha braces for heavy rains
- Andhra, Karnataka CMs to lay foundation stone for Tirumala shrine complex
- India, Japan looking at working in Bangladesh, Myanmar: Jaishankar
- Covid-19 relief: Goa beach shacks may get 50% licence fee rebate
- Several areas in Odisha likely to experience heavy rainfall: MeT
- Maharashtra govt body sets up e-business platform for women farmers
- Sudarshan TV: Can media be allowed to target whole communities, asks SC
- Parliament nod to bill to cut MP salaries, oppn seeks restoration of MPLADS
- Lok Sabha impasse ends as Anurag Thakur expresses anguish over his remarks
Air India plane accident LIVE: PM Modi, President Kovind offer condolences
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said that the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has been deployed to rescue the landslide victims in Rajamala. Stay tuned for latest news live updates
Dubai-Kozhikode Air India flight (IX-1344) skidded during landing at Karipur Airport in Kerala | Photo: ANI
Latest News LIVE updates: Seventeen people, including two pilots were killed and scores injured when an Air India Express flight from Dubai with 190 onboard overshot the tabletop runway in Kozhikode airport in Kerala on Friday night while landing in heavy rains and fell into a valley 35 feet below and broke into two portions.
President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with leaders from across the political spectrum expressed their anguish over the tragedy.
The rescue operations at the site have been completed and the injured have been shifted to hospitals, according to officials. Two investigation teams of professionals will leave for Kozhikode today.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day