- Tamil Nadu withdraws order permitting 100% occupancy in cinema halls
- No decision at meet as unions did not offer alternatives to repeal: Tomar
- Top headlines: Stalemate continues over three farm laws, IT shares rally
- Bird flu confirmed in 6 states; unusual deaths of 16 birds in Delhi
- Avian flu: Over 160,000 poultry birds to be culled in Haryana's Panchkula
- Kerala Governor remarks on agriculture reforms a 'farce', says BJP
- Bird flu scare hits chicken consumption, sales in Andhra Pradesh
- No solution except repealing farm laws: Cong on farmers' protests
- 26/11 mastermind Lakhvi gets 15-year jail term in Pak for terror financing
- Farmer unions press govt on scrapping laws, another meeting Jan 15
Latest LIVE: Gauhati HC stays OIL drilling at Dibru-Saikhowa National Park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the construction work of Agra Metro Project via video conferencing today. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news updates.
Gauhati Court has stayed exploration and drilling of 7 hydrocarbon projects in the Dibru-Saikhowa National Park.
LIVE news updates: Easing curbs further, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami said social, political and entertainment events would be allowed in auditoriums and announced opening of colleges for final year undergradute students from today. Undergraduate final-year classes for all colleges and universities, including arts, science, technology, engineering, agriculture, fisheries and veterinary, and hostels for them, are permitted to start from today. Classes for UG and postgraduate medical and para-medical courses shall also begin today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated via videoconferencing the construction of the Agra metro project. Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and other dignitaries also attended the event.
More than 700,000 voters will decide the fate of 249 candidates contesting in the fourth phase of the District Development Council (DDC) elections in Jammu and Kashmir today. The polling will be held between 7 AM and 2 PM in 34 constituencies -- 17 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will address a public rally today in East Midnapore district, the bastion of disgruntled TMC MLA Suvendu Adhikari. Banerjee had issued a stern warning against "anti- party activities" and asked TMC leaders in touch with the Opposition to quit the ruling party.
An inter-ministerial Central team will visit Puducherry today to assess the damage caused by cyclone and rains.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day