- Management guru Bala Balachandran, 84, passes away after brief illness
- India's intellectuals lay down strategy for the decade ahead
- Murmurs of Amarinder Singh jumping ship further rock Congress boat
- Punjab minister Razia Sultana quits in 'solidarity' with Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Flight crew, air traffic controllers to be tested for drugs from January
- Delhi riots: HC says premeditated conspiracy, not on spur of the moment
- 1 Pak terrorist killed, another captured in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh urges private sector defence industry to invest in R&D
- Extremely delighted to meet hockey star Sreejesh: Kerala CM Vijayan
- Need to build a new India on the basis of women-led development: Irani
LIVE: India-China disengagement to be completed in next few days, says Army
Travellers to Punjab will have to undergo 14-day home quarantine from today. Stay tuned with Business Standard for the latest news of today
In a decision that will adversely impact hundreds of thousands of Indian students in the US, the federal immigration authority has announced that foreign students pursuing degrees in America will have to leave the country or risk deportation if their universities switch to online-only classes in this fall semester. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said that for the fall 2020 semester students attending schools operating entirely online may not take a full online course load and remain in the US.
India sent the largest number of students (251,290) to the US after China (478,732) in 2017 and 2018, according to the latest Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) 'SEVIS by the Numbers Report' 2018.
In India, people travelling to Punjab from other states will have to compulsorily register themselves on the state government's web portal or COVA Punjab' mobile application from today. Besides, the travellers will have to undergo a 14-day home quarantine.
The disengagement process between armies of India and China at friction points Hot Springs and Gogra began on Monday and is expected to be completed at both locations in next few days, said Indian Army sources according to an ANI report.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day