- Indian national sentenced for role in defrauding hundreds of people
- US Senators seek increase in Green Card cap, introduction of language quota
- Pakistan claims it asked India to appoint counsel for Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Several India-Russia meetings scheduled; Putin likely to visit in Oct: MEA
- Merger of 8 Railways cadres into IRMS likely to be completed by November
- Former J&K L-G G C Murmu appointed CAG, to replace Rajiv Mehrishi
- UNESCO recognises two coastal villages of Odisha as Tsunami Ready
- Expect China to sincerely complete disengagement, de-escalation at LAC: MEA
- Ex-SBI Card head Hardayal Prasad appointed MD of PNB Housing Finance
- Bureaucratic reshuffle: Ankita Mishra Bundela to be new LG's secretary
Latest News LIVE: Will ensure safe return of Kulbhushan Jadhav, says MEA
The Donald Trump administration has formally notified the United Nations of its decision to withdraw the US from the WHO. Stay tuned with Business Standard for the latest news of today
File photo of Kulbhushan Jadhav
The Chinese military removed temporary infrastructure and continued gradual withdrawal of troops from face-off sites in Hot Springs and Gogra in eastern Ladakh for a second consecutive day on Tuesday. The Indian Army, meanwhile, was keeping a strict vigil on its rearward movement. The disengagement process, which began on Monday, is expected to be completed by today.
Meanwhile, Nepalese lawmaker Sarita Giri was sacked by Janata Samajbadi Party (JSP) on Tuesday for defying its decision to unanimously endorse the constitutional amendment to revise the country's map to include three strategically key Indian territories.
In the US, the Donald Trump administration had formally notified the United Nations of its decision to withdraw the country from the World Health Organization, officials said, breaking off ties with the global health body amid the expanding coronavirus pandemic.
On the business front, ICICI Bank's board will meet today to discuss a proposal to raise funds by issuing equity shares to strengthen its financial position.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day