- Absconder Kiran Gosavi nabbed by Anti Extortion Cell of Pune Police
- Sitharaman to attend G-20 joint finance, health ministers meet in Rome
- Coronavirus LIVE: India reports 16,156 new cases, 733 deaths in last 24 hrs
- CBI files charge sheet against 15 for causing loss to National Insurance
- Rajasthan ranks 2nd after Karnataka on State Energy Efficiency Index 2020
- Top headlines: Chip shortage may last 2 yrs, NBFCs ready war chest for IPOs
- PM Narendra Modi reaffirms India's focus on free and open Indo-Pacific
- China's new land boundary law is of concern to us, says India
- Explained: What is Pegasus spyware and how much does it cost?
- 'Cannot allow spying': Supreme Court orders probe into Pegasus
Latest LIVE: State funeral to be accorded to Paswan, say MHA officials
In a modification to the reopening guidelines, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) today allowed political parties to hold rallies in 12 election-bound states before October 15.
In a notification, the MHA said that political gatherings can now take place before October 15 by keeping in mind open spaces. The guidelines for wearing masks and maintaining social distancing must be strictly followed.
The order came in the wake of the announcement by the Election Commission of India to hold state elections in Bihar and bypolls in 11 states for Assembly and Parliamentary constituencies that are scheduled on October 28, November 3 and November 7.
"In exercise of powers conferred under Section 10 (2)(I) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, it is decided that the state governments concerned may permit political gatherings, outside the containment zones, beyond the existing limit of 100 persons on any date before October 15 in those Assembly or Parliamentary constituencies only, where elections are to be held," the order said.According to a report by the NDTV, Republic TV is among three chanels that are being investigated for rigging TRP ratings for ad revenues and to spread fake narratives, the Mumbai police said. Two persons have been held. One of them is a former employee of an agency that installed "people metres" to assess ratings.
All does not seem to be well in the Rajasthan Congress as fresh cracks have started reappearing with the police lodging an FIR against the media manager of former Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot and a Jaipur-based journalist. Read on...