- PM Modi to address valedictory function of 2nd NYPF on January 12
- TN CM Palaniswami announces free 2GB/day data cards for college students
- Srinagar-Jammu national highway reopens for traffic after seven days
- Sri Lankan Navy apprehends nine Indian fishermen, seize one boat
- Puducherry CM Narayanasamy continues protest against LG Kiran Bedi
- Delhi's minimum temperature dips to 7.8 degrees Celsius on Sunday: IMD
- Maharashtra: 7 injured in cylinder explosion after fire at shop in Thane
- Kanpur zoo shut for 15 days after bird flu is confirmed
- Cement factories exploiting real estate market situation: Nitin Gadkari
- Farmers conspiring to spread bird flu by consuming chicken biryani: BJP MLA
LIVE: Indian spinner Ashwin says racial slurs must be dealt with iron fist
Indonesia's Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has confirmed the crash of a Boeing 737-500 plane of Indonesian airlines with 62 people on board that lost contact with the air traffic controller
India's Ravichandran Ashwin. File Photo
Taking a swipe at the TMC for accusing it of trying to "destroy the Bengali culture", BJP national President J P Nadda on Saturday said Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee headed Trinamool Congress never represented the Bengali culture rather symbolised "anarchy and corruption". On speculations about cricketer Sourav Ganguly joining the BJP before Bengal elections, Nadda, without naming anyone, said the "matter will be discussed once it comes before the party".
Indonesia's Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has confirmed the crash of a Boeing 737-500 plane of Indonesian airlines with 62 people on board that lost contact with the air traffic controller. The plane was believed to have crashed near the district's Laki Island and Lancang Island, part of the Thousand Islands chain.
China issued a new order prohibiting firms from complying with foreign laws that ban transactions with Chinese companies and individuals. This order comes in the backdrop of the US threatening to impose sanctions and other restrictions on any and all Hong Kong and Chinese individuals in wake of the arrests of over 50 politicians and pro-democracy advocates by Hong Kong authorities.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.