- Air pollution in Delhi-NCR: Modi govt brings Ordinance to fix air quality
- About 79% Delhi-NCR residents want ban on sale of regular crackers: Survey
- National Investigation Agency continues raids on NGOs in Srinagar, Delhi
- UP bypolls: Cong candidate served notice for alleged electoral bribery
- India strongly supports France against radical Islamism, says MEA
- PM assures vaccination for all, says India on its way to economic recovery
- Chennai rains: Many roads waterlogged, more heavy showers expected
- Visibility reduces as air quality turns 'severe' in parts of Delhi
- Shiromani Akali Dal calls on Punjab govt to declare MSP for fresh produce
- Top headlines: Tata Sons rebuffs Interups' offer; IKEA to expand footprint
LIVE: Punjab govt imposes Rs 12.25 lakh fine in 460 stubble burning cases
The official said as per data till October 7, 1692 incidents were reported by satellite imagery, but during field visits by PPCB officials no stubble burning was observed in 763 cases.
Punjab Pollution Control Board has imposed a total fine of Rs 12.25 lakh in 460 paddy stubble burning cases in the state, with a senior official on Friday saying that by end of this month one would be able to make a fair comparison whether farm fires have gone up or come down in comparison to previous years.
In 460 cases, we have imposed a fine (environmental compensation) of Rs 12.25 lakh (between September 21-October 7), out of which we have recovered Rs 70,000, PPCB Member Secretary, Krunesh Garg said.
India successfully test-fired the 'Rudram' Anti-Radiation Missile, developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), from a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft off the east coast on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) left key interest rates unchanged on Friday as widely expected, while retaining an accommodative monetary policy stance to support the coronavirus-hit economy. The RBI sees India's real GDP contracting by 9.5% in the ongoing fiscal year, and economic growth only turning positive in the final January-March quarter.